Running diva-opensim with Mowes is meant to be for a standalone with a few users. I’ve found out that with Mowes it is not possible to administrate the mysql database. It simply let’s us run Diva without needing to use a full installation of MYSQL in our PC. So for as long as Mowes does the job to run Diva, it makes it easier for user like me, who are not technical experienced. If you would want to have more control over your database, you could google or search in Youtube for tutorials explaining how to run Opensim using databases like MariaDB, EasyPHP or phpMyAdmin.
Let’s start with Part II
- Download the zip file containing Mowes and Diva
- Create a new folder with a name and a place of your choice e.g.
C:/diva hg + mowes or D:/diva hg + mowes.
Or use a USB Stick or an external hard drive
- Unzip the file into the new folder (unzip to here)
- Now double click mowes. exe and install apache, mysql and php5. Leave the mowes window open on your desktop
- arrow #1
Open windows explorer and navigate to the folder diva hg + mowes/mysql/bin
Picture arrow #1 = Highlight the bin folder with the mouse. Do not open it
- arrow #2
Click File (Datei) on top of windows explorer. The Menu will expand. Look for:
- arrow #3
Open Command Prompt Here as administrator. The prompt window opens: arrow #4
Now you will copy and paste the text, line by line on the command prompt window, as explained in the picture below:
The prompt window is open and you can start copying/pasting the lines below to configure the mysql database for opensim. As explained in Diva Canto’s instructions.
mysql -u root -p -h localhost
mysql password Enter password: nothing in here, just hit enter
create database opensim; just hit enter (a database with the name opensim will be created)
create user opensim identified by ‘opensimpass’; leave it as opensimpass and hit enter
create user ’opensim’@’localhost’ identified by‘opensimpass’; hit enter
grant all on opensim.* to opensim; hit enter
grant all on opensim.* to ’opensim’@’localhost’; hit enter
FLUSH PRIVILEGES; hit enter (we are giving all privilegs to the user opensim)
You are done! Close the mysql console. Now let’s continue
Diva – Opensim Configuration
Navigate to Diva/bin folder and open it. Double click: Configure.exe. The console opens with some questions to configure your standalone.
Name of your world: The name of your choice in here
MySql database host: [localhost] enter
MySql database schema name: [opensim] enter
MySql database user account: [opensim] enter
MySql database password for that account: opensimpass (this is the password we used in the mysql configuration)
Your external domain name (preferred) or IP address: enter (we are going to change this later)
This installation is going to run on
Choose 1 or 2 : 1
The next questions are for configuring Wifi, the web application where your users can register. The admin first + last name is you, the master avatar with all powers. Replace my examples with your own names and own password. Don’t forget this password.
Wifi Admin first name [Wifi]: Magic
Wifi Admin last name [Admin]: Tamer
Wifi Admin password [secret]: diva123
Wifi Admin email [admin@localhost]: enter
User account creation [o]pen or [c]ontrolled [c]: o
Wifi sends email notifications via gmail, by default.
Gmail user name [none]: enter
Gmail password [none]: enter
Your regions have been successfully configured.
Your World has been successfully configured
Diva reports what has been done
Your world is (the name you gave to your standalone)
Your loginuri is http://127.0.0.1:9000 (we will change it later)
Your Wifi app is http://127.0.0.1:9000/wifi (we will change this later)
You admin account for Wifi is:
username: Magic Tamer (here will appear the name of your master avatar)
password: diva123 (diva will show the password you gave)
Your world’s configuration is config-include/MyWorld.ini.
Please revise it.
Hit enter to end the configuration
Close Mowes. First stop the servers. Then end the application.
Following changes must be made, you are almost there:
- Go to the folder you made for diva + mowes/diva-r08210/bin/config-include. Inside is MyWorld.ini. Double click to open with your text Editor.
- Search / Replace all 127.0.0.1 with your dyndns adress. For example:
HomeURI = “http://127.0.0.1:9000” would be
HomeURI = “http://yourdyndns:9000”
- Save the file
- Go to the folder diva-r08210/bin/Regions. Inside is the Region.Config.ini
Double click to open with your text editor. For now it shows only 1 region. You can create more regions once your installation is running without problems.
- Change this line:
ExternalHostName = “127.0.0.1” with
ExternalHostName = “yourdyndns” without http and without port number
Save the changes
Below are my MyWorld.ini and RegionConfig.ini as examples. Mine are different as yours. The examples should only help to see how the configuration looks like.
- Go to the folder where you unpacked Diva & Mowes. Look for mowes.exe. Right click mowes.exe/create shortcut. Move the shortcut to your desktop
- Now go to the /bin folder and look for Opensim.exe. Right click to create a shortcut and move it to your desktop
- Double click the shortcut Mowes.exe to start it. Wait until the modules are loaded. The small window will show Apache is running and Mysql is running
- Double click Opensim.exe to start diva. The black console appears. Diva starts to load modules and files. Wait until it is finished
- Diva has found one region in your RegionConfig.ini and asks you now for a Estate name. Default is My Estate. You can press enter and accept that name or you type your own Estate Name
- After Diva has done some work, it asks for the My Estate owner. This person will have “God Powers” The Estate owner has all privileges. You give in here your first and last name (the ones you inserted in the console before)
- The console tells you that the region is online: Logins Enable
If you have already done Part I, you can continue below. If you have not read and done Part I, go back to it here. If you have not opened Firewall ports and have not configured your router to Loopback and forward the ports, you will probably get errors when trying to log in to your new world.
NOTE: Technical problems or technical questions, please post them in the G+ Community here. Questions about the Tutorial e.g. something is not clear and you got lost following it, you can comment telling me exactly what your problem is. Please give me 24 hrs to respond. WordPress will probably notify you when you received my answer. Thanks.
You have opened firewall ports and your router is configured, now start your preferred viewer.
Either the Firestorm viewer http://www.firestormviewer.org/downloads/
Singularity viewer http://www.singularityviewer.org/downloads
Kokus viewer: http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Kokua/Downloads
Your login url will be: http://yourdyndns:9000